I began blogging to keep a history of the times (good and bad) with my two children, Maria and Mario. I began a diary when my first child, Maria, was born. I wrote in it nearly every day for a year and a half and then fairly frequently after that time until my second child was born, Mario. Then I fell into the insanity of newborn land with no sleep and lots of feeding – poopy diapers – feeding – poopy diapers. The diary ceased production. However, the times we had with the kids were better than ever and the things coming out of Maria’s and Mario’s mouths were too good not to document. There were some rough times, too, and the blog provided an outlet for me to vent (when my hubby was tired of listening!).
I bring up my reason for writing this blog because I am very humbled to have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by an incredible blogger, Patty. I did not imagine my blog being noticed by fellow bloggers, and I appreciate Patty’s shout out to me. Patty is a mom who heads up the blog Discover and Devour. Patty writes about the trials and tribulations with her son who is fairly new to this world – born in 2011. She focuses on child development, particularly literacy and language. She has great book reviews and information on literacy. Check her out!
The Rules of Acceptance:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them
Seven Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I could not get enough of the Brady Bunch when I was little and would sob if I missed one episode.
2. I am addicted to running and listening to NPR.
3. I bike to work in a dress and gym shoes.
4. I adore UDF chocolate chip peanut butter ice cream with hot fudge topping, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
5. I could listen to Michael Jackson songs all day long (especially Off The Wall songs).
6. I love to see people smile.
7. I would love to meet Shirley MacLaine but may faint before I actually got to speak to her!
I nominate the following bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award:
The Ordinary Adventures of Javier Antonio
4 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award”
Thanks so much for your kind words. You and your site are most deserving. I really enjoyed reading about your history of journaling and blogging.
I love Michael Jackson’s Off The Wall album and listening to NPR too!
Congrats! I admire your consistancy and think your writing has become sharper over time. The poetry you’ve started to do occasionally is a nice touch, like “Finding the One”.
I’m glad you included your sister’s blog on your list, she’s truly gifted. She’s going to break through eventually. I enjoy checking it out whenever I think of it. How do you find time to read so many blogs?
BTY- I think I knew most of those things about you.
Thanks, Kev. Also, I wanted to talk about your blog but didn’t know if you were keeping it up at this time seeing that you are busy rooting Dagmawit on in swimming all the time! Let me know if you are continuing to use it and I am putting you on my list because you have some deep, thoughtful posts that I love reading! Love, Mary
Awww thank you, you made me smile, it means a lot!
I love your blog too and bolg hehe…
Keep similing, Auds 🙂