1. Playing in the ocean and collecting seashells.
2. Petting an alligator (and Ri kissing it!).
3. Hiked the sand dunes in Michigan.
4. Playing lots of putt-putt.
5. Ri and Mario flew on an airplane for the first time!
6. Took a boat ride on Traverse Bay.
7. Visited Louisville, Kentucky for Miles and Taylor’s wedding, and spent the night at a hotel with Grandma Meg and Peepaw.
8. Celebrated Ri’s 7th birthday!
9. Mario turned 5!
10. Headed to Kings Island and rode the Beastie!
11. Rode the COTA bus to downtown.
12. Swam at Fort Rapids water park for Zach’s birthday party.
13. Ate at Perkins for my birthday!
14. Ri went to her first horseback riding camp!
15. Mario played his first season of football and baseball.
16. Maria cheerleaded!
17. Mario learned to ride a bike!
18. Ri started the second grade.
19. Mario and I raced at the track while Ri timed us.
20. Ri and Mario got to see Uncle Jack play in his band.
21. Riding rides and playing games at the Ox Roast.
22. Ri got to see Big Time Rush in concert.
23. We made lotsa pancakes!
24. Mario got to go hunting with dad!
25. Ri got to make wine with dad.
26. We ate lots of Orange Leaf yogurt!
27. We had a decade party at Grandma Meg’s and Peepaw’s!
28. We went to President Obama’s rally at OSU.
29. We went to the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Cincy.
30. Mario went to the dentist for the first time.
31. We visited the dog shelter to walk the dogs.
32. We walked Willie and Butters in Cincy.
33. We ate rocks at the river (ha, just wanted to see if you were awake!).
34. We celebrated Easter with our cousins playing out at the farm!
35. We found Easter eggs at the Heile Easter egg hunt; didn’t win the $5 egg but got lots of coins and candy.
36. We played at French Park like I did as a kid.
37. We swam at Grandma and Grandpa Ionno’s country club.
38. We swam at Grandma Lolo’s pool.
39. We rode Grandma Meg’s and Peepaw’s horses.
40. We hosted Maggie’s graduation party!
41. We caught fireflies.
42. We saw Aunt Sarah and Jorge more because they live in Pittsburgh!
43. We watched fireworks at Wyman Woods for the 4th of July.
44. We learned how to roll into a sleeping bag sandwich thanks to David!
45. Robert began at OSU and Laura came to visit.
46. We jumped in leaves!
47. We participated in the Heile Olympics.
48. We hosted Thanksgiving for the wild Heile clan and made our first Grateful Tree!
49. We went sled riding all week of Christmas break!
50. We spent the last day of the year with our Ionno cousins and built a huge snowman!
51. We hosted Christmas for the Ionno’s and Menkedick’s and Grandma Ionno got to see all her grandbabies!
52. We loved playing Three Little Pigs card game.
53. We still managed to ride in the stroller all year!
54. Elfie came to live with us until Christmas day and wrecked havoc on our house.
55. We went to the zoo with Alana and Gio.
56. We visited with my best girlfriends from Cincy and their kids.
57. We worked in our garden.
58. Mario and I went to Darby Creek with Gio.
59. Maria had more sleepovers and play dates than in 2011.
60. Lou came into our life!
And for 2013, our resolutions:
Maria – eat healthier (good job, Ri!)
Mario – to be able to shoot fire
Jon – to not make resolutions
Mary – to cook more (or I guess it’s more honest to say, “to cook”)!
4 thoughts on “2012 Wrap-up”
I especially like Jon’s resolution, which I share!! Happy New Year!
I love it! I’m finding more and more people choosing that resolution!happy happy New year to you!
Looks like you had an awesome year! 🙂 Blessings for the New Year to you! 🙂
Thanks so much and thanks for all of your wonderful comments through the year! Hope you had a great holiday!